Who is College Pulse
College Pulse stands at the forefront of academic insight, specializing in online surveys dedicated to better understanding current university students’ mindsets, inclinations, and actions. Through our unique American College Student Panel, we’ve surveyed more than 675,000 college students and alumni from over 1,500 institutions, spanning both two- and four-year programs in every state.
Our insights fuel strategies and decisions in various sectors, including higher education, politics, religion, consumer goods, and more. We provide businesses with tools to pinpoint excellent employment prospects, guide political leaders in shaping student-centric policies, and aid aspiring students in finding their perfect academic home.
The following are examples of reports that could specifically mention your institution.
We want you to be included!
For the integrity of projects like the 2024 WSJ/College Pulse Rankings and the 2024 Freedom of Speech Dashboard, we require responses from at least 100 students per institution. While College Pulse is known for immediate compensation for surveys, email filters occasionally misinterpret our outreach as spam, which can limit student participation. Your understanding and collaboration are vital to overcoming these challenges and achieving robust, inclusive research.
What you can do to avoid disqualification
Let your IT department, or any other responsible parties, know that you want our emails to not be marked as spam. You can do that by sending them to this page, or by providing them the following information.
To ensure you’re not unintentionally blocking College Pulse, the following domains, ip’s, and addresses need to be whitelisted from spam filtering and/or firewalls.
- collegepulse.com (Our root domain and landing page)
- app.collegepulse.com (Our legacy application url)
- surveys.collegepulse.com (Our modern application url - WIP)
- students.collegepulse.com (Primary Email Domain)
- pulsesurvey.com (Secondary Email Domain)
- 220.127.116.11/24 (18.104.22.168 - 255) (SMTP Outbound - Postmark)
- email@example.com (Outbound, sending surveys)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Transactional / manual outreach)
- email@example.com (Reply handling)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Outbound, sending surveys)
- email@example.com (Transactional / manual outreach)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Transactional / backup outbound)
Want to know which surveys are headed to your institution? Complete the form below for notifications. Plus, we’ll provide a direct link for you to share with your students, ensuring their participation in the surveys most relevant to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does College Pulse want to send emails to students?
Why is College Pulse struggling to deliver emails?
How does a student benefit from participating in College Pulse surveys?
How does an institution benefit from participating in College Pulse surveys?
How do companies intending to rank an institution use the data?
How do companies not intending to rank an institution use the data?
How can we be sure the data collected is protected?